Estate planning should preserve your assets and put you in the best position to provide for the people and causes you care about.
Legacy planning with Ms. Yu helps clients create holistic, efficient wealth protection and preservation strategies that are best suited for their unique needs. Whether you are interested in preserving your wealth, providing for your family, protecting a business, tax-efficient charitable giving, or creating an enduring legacy, she is prepared to work with you to find the most effective solution.
- Creating irrevocable trust vehicles, including intentionally defective grantor trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, spousal lifetime access trusts, life insurance trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, qualified domestic trusts, dynasty trusts, and other sophisticated trust structures, while using asset value discounting strategies (including transfers of fractional interests, minority interests, and non-voting interests) and estate freezing techniques.
- Structuring multi-layer entity structures using United States asset protection trusts to hold multi-million dollar real estate investments and other assets.
- International estate planning, including planning for foreign persons who have assets situated in the United States and planning for families with mixed citizenship and residency status and/or have ownership of assets in multiple jurisdictions. Planning for LGBTQ couples, blended families and other non-traditional families.
- Charitable planning, including charitable remainder trusts and charitable lead trusts.
- Stock option planning.
- Fundamental estate planning strategies, including revocable living trusts, financial powers of attorney, advance health care directives, marital agreements, and nomination of guardians.
- Creating irrevocable trust vehicles and using asset value discounting strategies and estate freezing techniques.
- Structuring foreign grantor trusts for foreign persons to provide for United States beneficiaries.
- Planning for LGBTQ couples, blended families, and other non-traditional families.