Jacqueline Yu offers a breadth of experience as an advanced estate planning, business succession planning and trust administration attorney representing high net worth individuals, families and business owners in both domestic and international matters.
Her expertise in estate and tax planning, business transactions and trust administrations, includes:
- Using asset value discounting and estate freezing techniques;
- Providing asset protection through multi-layer entity structures;
- Creating social impact legacies through charitable vehicles;
- Business succession planning through transfers of minority interests in family limited partnerships and limited liability companies and buy-sell agreements;
- Administering complicated estates; and
- Serving as a trusted advisor to families and fiduciaries.
Ms. Yu uses her background in estate planning, administration, tax and accounting, as well as her experience in family governance and conflict resolution to help her clients create and implement comprehensive estate and tax plans. These plans maximize her client's wealth transfer, reduce their tax exposure and protect their assets from creditors, while carrying out their wishes to loved ones and successive generations.
She holds a Juris Doctorate degree from Notre Dame Law School, a Master of Laws degree from UCLA School of Law (Tax and Business Law Specialization), and a Bachelor of Arts degree from UCLA (Political Science-International Relations Concentration and Asian American Studies-Ethnic Studies). She has worked for some of the most prominent trusts and estates law firms, including Horton, West & Bowman, LLP, Valensi Rose, PLC, and Karlin & Peebles, LLP. In addition, she has worked as a tax consultant at Moss Adams, LLP, one of the top fifteen largest accounting firms in the United States.
Ms. Yu has long been active in supporting causes and organizations empowering women, minority, immigrant, and LGBTQ communities and advocating for sustainability-driven innovation. She currently serves on the board of the Asian Business League of Southern California and the advisory board of APAIT- A Division of Special Service for Groups. She has also been a member of the United Nations Association - National Capital Area in Washington, D.C., and the Los Angeles World Affairs Council and Town Hall.
Ms. Yu serves on the Executive Committee of the Trusts and Estates Section of the Beverly Hills Bar Association and as a Co-Chair of the Los Angeles Chapter of the Tax Lawyers Committee of the California Lawyers Association. She is a member of the State Bar of California and represents clients throughout the state, as well as those living abroad who own property or have other interests in California.
Everything starts with a detail-oriented evaluation of your circumstances.
An estate plan or business succession plan must be customized to be truly effective. The successful completion of a trust administration requires a high level of understanding of the duties and tax consequences involved.
An estate plan or business succession plan must be customized to be truly effective. Jacqueline Yu will put in the time, energy, and resources to provide the personalized guidance and support you rightfully deserve. She builds long-lasting relationships and partnerships with her clients and their advisors.
A member of the State Bar of California, Ms. Yu represents clients throughout the state of California, as well as those living abroad who own property or have other interests in California. She has experience advising on international issues that arise in estate planning and trust administration matters. She works with California residents who own business or property abroad and foreign individuals with assets in the United States. When you have ties to multiple jurisdictions, estate planning, business succession planning, and trust administrations are more complicated; you need a reliable professional on your side.
Our core values
An estate plan or business succession plan should provide a true sense of peace, clarity and stability. Guidance through the trust administration should lay out a clear path to fulfilling one’s fiduciary role.
Every client deserves personalized guidance, support, and attention from a trusts and estates lawyer focused on the client’s best interest.
Ms. Yu will represent you and your family with the highest level of care and respect.
- Master of Laws, Business Law (Tax Law Concentration)
- Juris Doctor
- Accounting Certification
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science (International Relations Concentration)
- Bachelor of Arts, Asian American Studies/Ethnic Studies
- State Bar Number 254389
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Trusts and Estates and Tax Sections
- Los Angeles Bar Association, Trusts and Estates and Tax Sections
- Los Angeles Estate Counselors Forum
- Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners
- California Lawyers Association, Trusts and Estates and Tax Sections
- California Society of CPAs
- National Women and Minority Owned Law Firms
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association
- Philippine American Bar Association
- Asian Business League of Southern California
- Asian Pacific AIDS Intervention Team
- National Association of Women Business Owners
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles ProVisors
- The Esquire Network
- Executive Committee Member of the Trusts and Estates Section of the Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Co-Chair of the Los Angeles Chapter of the Young Tax Lawyers Committee of the California Lawyers Association
- Board Member of the Asian Business League of Southern California
- Advisory Board Member of APAIT- A Division of Special Service for Groups